CONCEPT TWO OF: How to kill yourself by living
This is a complete no brainer. If you want to kill yourself by living, quit smoking. If you want to simply kill yourself, fill your boots. If you don’t smoke, or have already quit, count it as a WIN and move on!
This is a hypocritical chapter, as I am STILL smoking. I know it is stupid. I know it is expensive, is hurting me, my family, and does absolutely NOTHING to better my life. I really hope to update this post SOON saying I have quit…
Why do we smoke?
We smoke to feel like non-smokers. Even a few minutes after we putt out the smoke, we start to withdraw and get that little nagging feeling… but, for those few minutes while smoking, we actually feel like normal people. No craving, just like before we started in the first place.
We need to come to the realization that smoking DOES NOTHING FOR US. It does not help us on that phone call, it does not help us when we are bored or to calm us down, it simply feeds the DRUG addiction. A great book to check out is Allan Carr’s “The EASY way to quit smoking”. I had some success with it (then fell back into the trap) and have just started reading it again. It is a great book because it really helps you get past the mental part of the addiction, which, after a few days, is the REAL reason we going back to cigarettes.
Escape your prison.
- Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic’s best friend.
- It is easier to stay out than get out.
- Sooner or later, everyone stops smoking.
- The believing we do something when we do nothing is the first illusion of tobacco.
- Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
- A cigarette is the only consumer product which when used as directed kills its consumer.
- I tried to stop smoking cigarettes by telling myself I just didn’t want to smoke, but I didn’t believe myself.
- Nicotine patches are great. Stick one over each eye and you can’t find your cigarettes.
- I kissed my first girl and smoked my first cigarette on the same day. I haven’t had time for tobacco since.
- Cigarette: A fire at one end, a fool at the other, and a bit of tobacco in between.
- To the average cigarette smoker the world is his ashtray.
- Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs.
- The best way to stop smoking is to carry wet matches.
- I’m not really a heavy smoker any more. I only get through two lighters a day now.
- Some things are better eschewed than chewed; tobacco is one of them.
- To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I’ve done it a thousand times.
- My smoking might be bothering you, but it’s killing me.
- I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time.
- If we lose the battle against tobacco, we will lose the war against cancer.
- If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go.
- If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action.
- Smoke your pipe and be silent; there’s only wind and smoke in the world.
- Smokers don’t get to smoke. They have to smoke.
- The only safer cigarette is your last one.
Quotes from coolnsmart.com